Sikhs are always known to be a peace-loving community. The religion was first originated in the 15th century in the Punjab Region by Guru Nanak. Siliguri is also blessed with the presence of Sikhs. And there is a Gurudwara in Siliguri where this peaceful community worship their god, Guru Nanak.
So, if you want to know this peaceful community closely and see how they worship their god, come explore their scenic Gurudwara in Siliguri. But in order to make you crave to visit it, let’s have a look at what are the scenic attractions here.
What to see in Siliguri Gurudwara?
There are a lot to see in Gurudwara, one of the most sacred places of the Sikhs. Situated at the heart of the Siliguri, here are the attractions of this Gurudwara.
- The scenic architecture of the Gurudwara will make you spellbound. Made completely with white marble, you will find inner peace just by looking at it.
- In Darbar Sahib, the main hall of the Gurudwara has placed the holy scripture of Sikhs named Guru Granth Sahib. It is undoubtedly the prime attractions of Siliguri Gurudwara.
- Just like other Gurudwaras, it has a langar hall where people can eat free vegetarian foods. Watching countless people eating at the same time will certainly make you mesmerized.
- The Gurudwaras long flagpole displaying the Sikh Flag named Nishan Sahib with pride is another worth mentioning attractions.
What to Do in Siliguri Gurudwara?
Gurudwara always provides a calm and peaceful ambience which will undoubtedly help you sort out some of your troubles. And, here are some of the things to do.
- Participate in meditating and prayer with all other worshipers.
- Roam around this sacred temple to grasp more things about this sacred destination.
- Get involved in ‘Seva” and serve foods to others in Langar.
How to Reach Siliguri Gurudwara?
The Gurudwara is located at Sevoke Road, quite near to Panitanki More Clock Tower. Due to its popular location, you can reach it from any corner of the town and also from outside.
From NJP, cars or autos are available to reach it. The between NJP to Gurudwara is about 5 km and it will take not more than 30 minutes to reach.
Moreover, from Bagdogra airport, get a car to reach it. Bagdogra to Siliguri distance is 14 km and it will take approximately 21 minutes to reach this holy site.
Siliguri Gurudwara is one of the holiest and peaceful sites in Siliguri. With its indescribable aura, it attracts thousands of worshipers even from different religions. So, be a part of these worshipers and find inner peace of mind which is full of turbulence.