Have you ever wondered why Siliguri is a favored tourist destination in the entire North Bengal? It is because of its diversity. From hilly terrains, dense forests, lush green tea gardens to religious places, Siliguri has them all. However, these are not the only things that make Siliguri Famous. North Bengal Science Center popularly known as Siliguri Science City has an immense contribution to the popularity of Siliguri.
Located just 5km away from the main town of Siliguri, North Bengal Science Center was established in 1997 in order to promote science to the enthusiast and students. Being the only science centre in the entire Siliguri, the interest around it quite remarkable. Thousands of parents with their children and students come here to ignite the fire of Science within them.
Things to See in North Bengal Science Center
If you are a science enthusiast, you are going to love this place as it is fully devoted to science and replete with many attractions.
- Digital Planetarium.
- Taramandal or our Solar System.
- Science Park.
- 3d theatre.
- Life Science Corner.
- A gigantic statue of a T-Rex.
Things to do in North Bengal Science Center
Situated amidst the scenic land of Gokul and Hazel trees, you will not get bored here as there are plenty of activities you can try here. From clicking countless pictures with the huge statue of a T-Rex to having fun with scientific requirements, North Bengal Science Center offers a lot of things to do.
- Stroll around the green lawns.
- Try watching something interesting through the periscope.
- Witness our solar system closely with the help of an astronomical show at Digital Planetarium.
- Enjoy feeding some guinea pigs and rabbits at the premises of Science City.
- Know countless information related to various flora and fauna at the Nature Interpretation Centre.
- Hey, don’t forget to click a picture with the giant T-Rex statue.
Siliguri Science City Time Table
The Science City stays open for all the visitors at 10:30 and whereas the closing time is 7 pm in the evening daily. However, the ticket counter gets closed at 6:30 pm in the evening. If you are curious about knowing the timings of shows, the time table of the shows is mentioned below.
- The timings of 3D Vision are as follows: 11 am, 1 am, 3 pm, 5 pm, 6 pm.
- The Timings of Digital Planetarium are as follows: 11:20 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:00 pm, 5:20 pm.
- The time table of the Tara Mandal Show is: 11:50 am & 3:30 pm.
- Lastly, the timings of the Science Show are: 2:00 pm & 4:30 pm.
Science City Entry Siliguri Entry Fee
The entry fee of Science City varies from people to people. If you are a general visitor, the entry fee is Rs 25 and for the general visitor in the group, it is Rs 20 per head. However, for the student visitors, the entry fee is Rs 10 and for the Government school students, it goes down to rs 5 only.
The Entry for shows start from Rs 10 and go above to Rs25. Again, the ticket price is a little high for general visitors and a little less for students.
Just a half-hour drives away from Siliguri, Science Center is located in Matigara. All you have to to do is to catch an auto or hire a taxi from Siliguri to finally reach the North Bengal Science Center.
Relish the beauty of the green lawns of the Science City, enjoy all the science shows and get closer to our Solar-System. Be a part of the countless visitors going to explore North Bengal Science Center soon. So, are you coming to be a part of them?