You may have known Siliguri as a breath-taking abode with full of attractive places, hilly terrains and mountains. But, Siliguri is not about scenically blessed destinations, it is also about the lush green forest with unique wild lives. Blessed with rich flora and fauna, Bengal Safari Park in Siliguri is thriving rapidly as one of the fascinating travel destinations among nature lovers and adventure seekers.
Just a few kilometres away from the main town of Siliguri, Bengal Safari Park falls under Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary. Spreading over an area of more than 700 acres, tourist can spot many wild animals and can experience a unique wildlife experience while having a thrilling Jungle Safari. It is worth mentioning that Bengal Safari Park was first inaugurated by Mamata Banerjee in 2016 to boost tourism in North Bengal especially in Siliguri.
Things to See in Bengal Safari Park
Replete with a dense forest of Sal Trees, there are many things to see in Bengal safari Park. Tourist can spot various birds like hornbill, dove, kingfisher, etc and also many wild animals such as Royal Bengal Tiger, One Horned Rhinoceros, Sambar Deer, Himalayan Black Bear, Elephants, Wild Boars, etc. Moreover, you can see a gharial and crocodile pond in the Bengal Safari Park where you will witness these deadly reptiles closely.
Location of Bengal Safari
Bengal Safari is located at 5th Mile, Sevoke Road, Salugara. Situated at a distance of more than 8 km from Siliguri, Bengal Safari is located in an ideal place and it is quite easy to reach there.
How to Reach Bengal Safari
Reaching Bengal Safari Park is quite easy as it is very close to Siliguri. After finally reaching Siliguri, you can take a car or taxi to reach Bengal Safari Park in just about 30 minutes. Public transports such as shared cars and autos are available to reach Bengal Safari from Siliguri.
Bengal Safari Park Timing
The timings of Bengal Safari and the Park are as follows: 9.15am,9:30 am, 10.45am, 11.00am,12.15pm ,12:30 pm, 1:45pm, 2.00 pm, 3:15 pm ,3.30pm. The total duration of the Safari is about 75 minutes.
However, Elephant Ride timing is: 8:30am, 9:00am, 9:30am, 4:00pm, 4:30pm.
The ticket counter of Bengal Safari Park will open at 9 am and will close at 4:30 pm and the visiting hour is from 9 am to 5 pm. It is worth mentioning that the Bengal Safari Park stay closed on Monday for visitors.
Siliguri Bengal Safari Park Time Table for Grand Safari
Bengal Safari Siliguri time table is as follows:
- Mixed Herbivore Safari: During the Mixed Herbivore Safari, you can see One Horned Rhinoceros, Peacock, Sambar Deer, Hog Deer, Barking Deer, Kingfisher, Hornbill, Dove, etc. The safari duration will be about 20 minutes.
- Tiger Safari: During the Tiger Safari you can see 3 tigers. The name of the male tiger is Shenasish and the name of the female tiger is Sheela. The duration of Tiger Safari is 15 minutes.
- Asiatic Black Bear Safari: During the Asiatic BlackBear Safari, you will see two Himalayan Black Bears. The male one is named Dhruba and the female one is named Jeniffer. The duration of the Asiatic Black Bear Safari is about 15 minutes.
- Leopard Safari: During Leopard Safar, you will spot four leopards. The name of the two male leopards is Sachin and Saurav. On the other hand, the name of the two female leopards is Sital and Kajal. The Duration of the Leopard Safari is about 15 minutes.
- Elephant Safari or Elephant Ride: Elephant ride or Safari can also be opted in Siliguri Bengal Safari. You can have a thrilling ride through the lush Saal forest and spot some wild animals from just a little distance away. The duration of Elephant Safari will be about 30 minutes.
Entry Fee of Siliguri Bengal Safari Park
The entry fees to the Bengal Safari Park are as follows:
The entry fee for 12 years or above is Rupees 30. And the entry fee for children between 5 years to 12 years is just rupees 10. However, for the children below 5, there is no need for any fee to enter Bengal Safari Park.
Bengal Safari Ticket Price
Bengal Safari Ticket price is as follows:
The ride for Grand Safari in a Bus will cost adult or children above 5 years rupees 200 for each person. Moreover, for the elephant safari, you have to spend rupees 300 per person. It is worth mentioning that you should switch off your mobile phone during the elephant ride in Siliguri Bengal Safari.
Foods at Bengal Safari
There is every kind of foods available at Bengal Safari. You can drink and eat many foods such as Coffe, Veg Thali, Chicken Chowmin, Chicken Thali, Fish Thali, Veg Chowmin, Chicken Chowmin, Chicken Paratha, Omlet, etc. The price of these foods’ ranges from rupees 20 to 100.